In partnership with the Community Blood Center and American Red Cross, the 8th annual KCCC Blood Donation Challenge will take place from
January 1 - June 30, 2022!
*NO CORPORATE CHALLENGE POINTS* are awarded for the Blood Donation Challenge. However, the company logging the most presenting donors will be presented with the "KCCC Blood Donation Challenge Award" at the 2022 KCCC Closing Celebration.Staff from both the Community Blood Center and
American Red Cross will administer the contest.
PARTICIPATING IS EASY; JUST FOLLOW THESE THREE SIMPLE STEPS!
1. Sponsor/host a blood drive with American Red Cross AND/OR the Community Blood Center
2. Send donors into an ARC blood drive or CBC donation center or blood drive to donate under your company name
3. Community Blood Center and American Red Cross will keep a tally of each registered donor
Any company who sponsors/hosts a blood drive will be awarded for each presenting donor. All registrations are verifiable through official organization documentation. Those companies that host more than one drive during the timeframe will receive 50 extra points toward their company's overall Blood Donation Challenge point total! At the end of the challenge, whichever company from each division has the most presenting donors wins the “KCCC Blood Donation Award.” The winning companies will be recognized at the 2022 KCCC Closing Celebration.
- To support area hospitals, hundreds of units of blood must be collected each day
- Blood and platelets cannot be manufactured, they can only come from volunteer donors
- 38% of the population is eligible to donate but only 7% do
- Blood is supplied by VOLUNTEER DONORS like you
- The number one reason people DO NOT donate is they are NOT asked
- Will you save a life and DONATE??
LET'S MEET THE NEED
- The nation is currently facing a national blood crisis – its worst blood shortage in over a decade, posing a concerning risk to patient care. Doctors have been forced to make difficult decisions about who receives transfusions and who will need to wait until more products become available.
- Blood and platelet donations are critically needed to help prevent further delays in vital medical treatments.
- Blood collection organization have experienced about a 10% decline in the number of people donating blood
- There has been less than a one-day supply of critical blood products in recent weeks – well below the ideal five-day supply. Organizations are working with hospitals around the clock to help meet the needs of patients, but blood product distributions to hospitals are currently outpacing the number of blood donations coming in.
- If a donor receives an mRNA vaccine such as Pfizer or Moderna, they can donate immediately after vaccination as long as they are feeling well and all other donor criteria are met.
- If a donor receives the Johnson&Johnson vaccine, they can donate immediately after vaccination as long as they are feeling well and all other donor criteria are met.
- If a donor receives an attenuated virus vaccine such as AstraZeneca, they can donate 2 weeks after vaccination as long as they are feeling well and all other donor criteria are met.
- The company with the most documented presenting donors at the end of the challenge will receive the Kansas City Corporate Challenge BLOOD DONATION AWARD! But the real winners are the hospital patients who need those lifesaving units of blood!
***Be sure to check back often as this site will be updated with available dates/locations of upcoming donation events. ***
For more information regarding the Blood Donation Challenge, contact the KCCC Office at 913.831.2222 / email@example.com