In partnership with the Community Blood Center and American Red Cross, the 6th annual KCCC Blood Donation Challenge will take place from
January 1 - June 30, 2020!
*NO CORPORATE CHALLENGE POINTS* are awarded for the Blood Donation Challenge. However, the company logging the most presenting donors will be presented with the "KCCC Blood Donation Challenge Award" at the 2020 KCCC Awards Celebration.Staff from both the Community Blood Center and
American Red Cross will administer the contest.
PARTICIPATING IS EASY; JUST FOLLOW THESE THREE SIMPLE STEPS!
1. Sponsor/host a blood drive with American Red Cross AND/OR the Community Blood Center
2. Send donors into blood donation centers or local blood drives to donate under your company name
3. Community Blood Center and American Red Cross will keep a tally of each registered donor
Any company who sponsors/hosts a blood drive will be awarded for each presenting donor. All registrations are verifiable through official organization documentation. At the end of the challenge, whichever company from each division has the most presenting donors wins the “KCCC Blood Donation Award.” The winning companies will be recognized at the KCCC Awards Celebration.
** NEW IN 2020** If your company registers 10% of your employees and they show up to donate during this year’s KCCC Blood Donation Challenge – your company earns an additional 50 points towards your Blood Donation Challenge total!
- Donating 1 unit of blood can save up to 3 lives
- To support area hospitals, hundreds of units of blood must be collected each day
- Blood and platelets cannot be manufactured, they can only come from volunteer donors
- 38% of the population is eligible to donate but only 7% do
- Blood is supplied by VOLUNTEER DONORS like you
- The number one reason people DO NOT donate is they are NOT asked
- Will you save a life and DONATE??
- The company with the most documented presenting donors at the end of the challenge will receive the Kansas City Corporate Challenge BLOOD DONATION AWARD! But the real winners are the hospital patients who need those lifesaving units of blood!
For more information regarding the Blood Donation Challenge, contact the KCCC Office at 913.831.2222 / firstname.lastname@example.org