KCCC would like to thank our Founding Partner, Johnson County Parks & Recreation, for hosting packet pickup at the Meadowbrook Park Clubhouse. Packet pickup will be on the following dates & times. NOTE: THESE ARE THE ONLY DATES FOR PACKET PICKUP. THERE IS NO RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP. WE WILL MAKE NO EXCEPTIONS.
Thursday, April 30 (11:00am - 6:30pm) – Meadowbrook Park Clubhouse, 9101 Nall Ave., Prairie Village, KS 66207
Friday, May 1 (11:00am – 2:00pm) – Meadowbrook Park Clubhouse, 9101 Nall Ave., Prairie Village, KS 66207
It is allowed and actually encouraged to send one person to packet pickup and have that person pick up all your company packets. PLEASE NOTE: We don’t download any information from Challenge Manager for the 5K. As a result, we will not know who your competitors are until you arrive at packet pickup. If you choose to send one person for your company, this person MUST have a list of your competitors and their age group. For example:
- Male 19-24 Mike Jones
- Male 30-34 Bob Smith
- Female 40-44 Sandy Oakwood
- Female 50-54 Betsy Underwood
AGAIN, IF you send one person for your company, please have BOTH age & gender for your participants before arriving at packet pickup. This list will be the only way we can check all of your entrants in!
• Once again, there is no race day packet pick-up. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• A parking map for Saturday morning has been sent to all company coordinators, and this page includes a link to our course map. Remember the race starts at 7:30am, runners/walkers have 75 minutes to finish the event, after 75 minutes the course will be closed. No “extra” runners or walkers are allowed to participate - only your participants who have registered are allowed to run or walk on Saturday.
• Participants will line up in waves based on their estimated finish times. There will be four (4) waves to choose from; each going off approximately every minute starting at 7:30am. Please instruct your participants to look for the orange, yellow, green, and blue signs which show the wave times and have them place themselves accordingly based on their estimated finish time. The starting line will close to runners immediately following the start of the final wave (BLUE). We will not allow any late starts.
* Wave 1 (Orange) – 24 minutes or less * Wave 2 (Yellow) – 25-28 min. * Wave 3 (Green) – 29-36 min. * Wave 4 (Blue) – 37-75 min.
• We will be using IPICO timing chips for this event. You will receive the timing chip in a white envelope with your bib number at packet pick-up. You will also receive 2 twist ties to securely fasten the chip to your shoe. These are reusable chips and we will retrieve them at the end of the race. If you decide not to run/walk, please return the chip to the KCCC office. If a participant does not wear a timing chip, he/she WILL NOT receive points (participation, medal or otherwise) for this event.
• Portable toilets will be available in front of the Burns & McDonnell buildings at 9400 Ward Parkway, in the Burns & McDonnell event plaza located in the front parking lot.
• This course will have one water station at the 83rd St. turnaround.
• There is no bag check at this race.
Please note: The race location is at Burns and McDonnell. Packet pickup will be located at the Meadowbrook Park Clubhouse, 9101 Nall Ave., Prairie Village, KS 66207