Kickoff is quickly approaching! For those who haven't attended this event, the first event of KCCC 2019 will host approximately 20,000 people, and includes the first event of the season - the KCCC Walk! The Kickoff Party/Walk is open to everyone—employees, families, friends, etc. Here is the info you need to start planning your party.
The tentative timeframe for KCCC Kickoff on Friday, April 5:
Setup open for teams: 10:00am
Setup MUST be complete by: 3:00pm
KCCC Walk / Fit-Tastic Family Fun Zone Open: 4:00pm
KCCC Walk Ends / Teams can begin tear-down: 7:30pm
Kickoff Event Ends: 8:00pm
- Spot Reservations: To reserve a FREE tailgate spot for kickoff, email firstname.lastname@example.org by MARCH 18. If we don’t have a request by March 18, you will not receive a spot. Spots will be approximately 24x34 feet - the equivalent of four parking spaces. You can request multiple spots to fit your tent, activities, etc. We will attempt to honor all space requests, but may need to limit counts based on availability. All tailgate parties will take place in Lot L at the Truman Sports Complex. When you request space, please also indicate if you are having any type of musical entertainment (band, DJ, karaoke, etc). NOTE: There is no power available in the parking lot. If you need power for any reason you will need to bring a generator or rent one. A map of the tailgate area will be emailed to all of you and posted on our website when available, during the week of March 25.
- Rental Equipment & Catering: Please use the below links to access rate cards for: 1. Rental equipment from Marquee Events (tents, tables, chairs, etc). 2. Jack Stack Catering. 3. Brancato’s Catering. (NOTE: We will share a grocery caterer as well when we have info in hand.) If you plan to rent equipment or use a caterer--you must use one of the vendors linked below. Companies may only bring outside food if it is potluck (self-prepared, not catered). We are proud to share that, once again, Brancato’s / Marquee will be donating a portion of your purchases back to KCCC to help us keep entry fees as low as possible. Please let them know we appreciate their support!
- No pets are allowed on the property, so please leave them at home. SHARE THIS INFO WITH YOUR GUESTS, EARLY AND OFTEN!
- Thinking Green!! KCCC is working with Marquee, Brancato’s, City of KCMO, The Royals, Mid-America Regional Council AirQ Program and each of you to make this event more environmentally friendly. Please Think Green when planning your event. More information will follow with specifics on trash & recycling on-site at the event.
- Parking and Event Times: We will send out maps of the Truman Sports Complex in the coming weeks which will show entrances and parking info. Parking will again be free at the event. The parking lot will be open early on April 5 for setup. Again, more specifics will be distributed at a later time by email and posted on our website & social media.
THE 2019 KCCC KICK-OFF IS SPONSORED BY:
CHILDREN'S MERCY HOSPITAL
COMMUNITY BLOOD CENTER
CULLIGAN OF GREATER KANSAS CITY
MID-AMERICA REGIONAL COUNCIL